- Community Development
- Home Rehabilitation Program
Home Rehabilitation Program
The City of Dublin Home Rehabilitation Program provides grants of up to $5,000 to assist qualifying low-income households to maintain their homes in a safe, livable condition and to improve the exterior appearance of the home. See the program flyer.
|The Home Rehabilitation Program provides two types of grants.|
|Rehabilitation Grants:||Beautification Grants:|
|This program provides grants of up to $5,000 to eligible homeowners to increase the safety and energy efficiency of their homes, construct accessibility improvements, and/or to rehabilitate and improve electrical, plumbing, roofing, and other similar improvements as determined by the Community Development Director to ensure safe and livable conditions.||This program provides grants of up to $5,000 to eligible homeowners to improve the exterior appearance of their homes and prevent neighborhood blight such as exterior paint or removal of overgrown vegetation, and other similar improvements as determined by the Community Development Director to reduce and prevent neighborhood blight.|
- Applicant lives in the home where improvements are proposed as their primary residence and holds title to the property.
- Applicant’s assets do not exceed $150,000 (not including the home value).
- Applicant has an approved application for an existing Alameda County home repair grant or loan program and requires additional funding to complete scope of project or has been determined to be ineligible for those programs.
- Applicant has not received the same grant type from the City of Dublin within the last two years.
- Applicant’s household income does not exceed 80% of area median income for the past two years. See maximum income limits.
Under special circumstances, the City Manager may make exceptions to the above requirements.
- Submit a completed Home Rehabilitation Program Application through DocuSign or you may print the application and submit it in person or by mail.
- Provide a copy of federal income tax return for the past two years and proof of current income for all adult household members.
- Provide current asset account statements (i.e., checking, savings, investments, and retirement accounts) for all adult household members.
- Provide proof of property ownership.
- Provide three bids from licensed contractors for the proposed work or a copy of an approved County application and approved contractor’s scope of work and cost estimate.
- Submit application and documentation by mail, email or in person to:
City of Dublin Housing Division
100 Civic Plaza
Dublin, CA 94568
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be prioritized, if necessary, based on the type of grant being requested and funding availability. For example: grants for health and safety will be prioritized over grants for beautification.
- Approval of the grant application will create a Grant Agreement between the City of Dublin and the homeowner receiving the grant.
- If approved, grant payments will be made directly to the contractor once the applicant submits a final bill and evidence that the work is completed.
- Please allow at least 72 hours for a response to your request.
If you have additional questions about the Program or the application process, contact the Housing Division via Email or call 925-833-6610.