Home Buyer Education
First Time Home Buyer Series through ECHO Housing
More Homebuyer Education Classes
Below Market Rate applicants must complete a HUD-approved, 8-hour first-time homebuyer education course. The date on the completion certificate for the class must be within six months of the date of application for a BMR Unit. The following agencies offer a HUD approved course. Other agencies may qualify if they meet the HUD-approved eight-hour homebuyer education course.
- Credit.org (online)
- eHome (online, includes a counseling follow-up session)
- Habitat for Humanity (Virtual)
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency (Virtual)
Choosing the right home loan is just as important as choosing the right home. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau provides online tools and resources to help homebuyers know what to expect—and what questions to ask—every step of the way.
Benefi Talk provides first time homebuyer and financial education and counseling to help match those in need with programs and services that benefit them most.
- Learn how credit affects your monthly mortgage payment
- Learn how much home can you afford
- Receive one-on-one counseling
- Receive realtor assistance for buying and selling
Check out BenefiTalk first time home buyer resources and tell us what you think!