A Great Place to Grow! The City of Dublin maintains an Economic Development Office to implement the economic development goals of the City. Services include:
- Business attraction & site selection assistance
- Access to labor force data
- Business recruitment
- Business retention and expansion assistance
The goal of these efforts is to market the City's many economic advantages in order to enhance the competitiveness of our local economy and to maintain a strong and diverse revenue and job base in the Tri-Valley.
During COVID-19:In response to COVID-19 (coronavirus), Economic Development prepared a separate webpage (dublin.ca.gov/businessimpact) for our business community, which contains valuable information and resources.
Why Choose Dublin?Dublin is located at the crossroads of Interstates 580 and 680 in the desirable Tri-Valley region and is easily accessible to the entire Bay Area.
- Dublin has an educated and highly trained workforce.
- Dublin has an excellent quality of life with outstanding schools, numerous recreational facilities, and a low crime rate.
- Dublin has a growing transportation network in Downtown Dublin, with two Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) stations in service.
- Dublin has housing opportunities available to meet everyone's needs.
- Dublin has a minimal business license fee, no payroll tax, and no utility user taxes.
- Dublin's employees are dedicated to promoting the City's positive economic climate.
Dublin's Economic Development Strategy
In addition, in 2012, the City Council adopted the City's first Economic Development Strategy which is largely focused
- Enhancing quality of place for businesses and residents
- Small business support and growth
- Development of the Eastern Dublin Transit Center
- Development in Downtown Dublin
Economic Development Committee
The Economic Development Committee is a City Council-appointed standing committee providing policy guidance and direction on economic development. Mayor Melissa Hernandez and Vice Mayor Shawn Kumagai represent the current committee membership, and are responsible for making recommendations to the entire City Council.
You can view the most recent Agenda and Minutes at the links below:
Agenda I Minutes