Join the City of Dublin on Saturday, September 23, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., to help clean up Dublin waterways and prevent pollution from entering the San Francisco Bay! This event coincides with International Coastal Cleanup Day and is part of California Coastal Cleanup Day, which is the largest volunteer event in the United States.
Register now to secure your spot to help clean up creeks in the City of Dublin. On the registration form, volunteers can choose from one of five creek locations to clean:
* Dublin Creek between Outback Steakhouse and Tesla
* Creek Channel at Amador Valley Blvd and I-680 overpass
* Alamo Creek Trail between the Iron Horse Trail and Amador Valley Boulevard
* Alamo Creek at Alamo Creek Park
* San Ramon Creek behind Dublin High School
Plan to check in with the site captain at your selected creek location at 9:00 a.m. on September 23. Tools will be provided for the cleanup, but volunteers can bring their own gloves and tools.
All registered volunteers will receive more detailed information prior to the creek cleanup event. In the meantime, here are some tips to help make your Creek Cleanup Day a success:
* Bring a reusable water bottle. Bulk water, only, will be provided at each site.
* Wear close-toed shoes, long pants, a hat, and sunscreen.
* Latex gloves will be available for all volunteers, but feel free to bring your own work gloves.
Important: The City of Dublin requires a waiver from all participants. Please bring a signed waiver with you to the event. All underage children must have their waiver signed by a parent or guardian. If your older teen (15+) will be dropped off at the event, be sure the waiver has been signed by a parent or guardian beforehand. For safety reasons, children under 15 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. Additional detailed instructions will be provided to all registrants in the days leading up to the event. Please reach out to City of Dublin Environmental Services if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-833-6630.