Do you love to decorate your home for the holidays? Register now to enter the City of Dublin's annual "Deck the Homes: Holiday Decorating Contest."
Registration for the contest is open now through Friday, December 10, at 4:00 p.m. The categories include:
- Seen from Space Award (Best Use of Lights)
- Winter Wonderland (Best Lawn Display)
- Holiday Classic Award (Best Holiday Theme)
- Deck the Halls Award (Best Apartment/Condo/Townhome)
- Gingerbread House Award (Best Neighborhood) This category involves three or more homes, either directly next door or across the street from each other on the same block, promoting cooperation in their efforts.
The Parks and Community Services Commission members will serve as the judges, with judging taking place December 13 - 17. At the December 20, 2021, meeting of the Parks and Community Services Commission, the category winners, along with a grand prize winner, will be selected.
Category winners will receive a yard sign to display, along with a $50 gift card to a local Dublin business. The grand prize winner will receive a yard sign to display, along with a $100 gift card. Winners will also be recognized at a January meeting of the Dublin City Council.
A map showing all entries will be available in early December so that residents can visit the many decorated homes all around town.