For residents who wish to get outside for some fresh air and exercise, City parks and trails remain open. However, the City of Dublin has closed all playgrounds, public picnic areas, dog parks, outdoor gym equipment, and shared recreational facilities including tennis and basketball courts and the skate park through Sunday, May 3, in order to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Additionally, all water fountains have been shut off in City parks.
Before heading out to City parks, please follow these tips:
• Take short walks close to home; if you can, avoid driving to parks and recreational areas.
• Public parks are to be used for walking, running or exercising by oneself; don’t play contact sports.
• Avoid congregating in parking lots, picnic areas, or other areas with frequently-touched surfaces.
• Consider bringing your own drinking water, soap, or hand sanitizer.
• Limit your time at public parks and recreational areas and practice social distancing.