All eyes will be smiling at the City of Dublin’s 36th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, which includes a two-day festival, a 5K Shamrock Fun Run and Walk, St. Patrick’s Day parade, pancake breakfast, and gala dinner dance, taking place March 15 -17.
- The weekend’s festivities will begin on Friday, March 15, with dinner and dancing to live music at the Dublin Sister City Association’s annual Green and White Gala at the Shannon Community Center (11600 Shannon Avenue). A no-host “Irish Happy Hour” bar opens at 6:00 p.m., followed by dinner buffet at 7:00 p.m. and dancing until 11:30 p.m. Tickets are $80 per person and may be purchased online.
- On Saturday, March 16, revelers can start their morning beginning at 7:00 a.m. with a big stack of hot “green” pancakes served fresh off the griddle at the Annual Firefighter’s Pancake Breakfast at Fire Station #16 (7494 Donohue Drive). Breakfast also includes eggs, sausage, juice, and coffee. Tickets may be purchased at the door for $5 per person.
- Also on Saturday, March 16, the Dublin Lions Club will present the 36th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- The 36th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival takes place on Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Dublin Civic Center (100 Civic Plaza). Highlights include three stages of authentic Irish music and dance; an Irish Marketplace; an Irish Tea Cottage; plenty of delicious Irish food and beverages; arts and crafts vendors; and a carnival.
- On St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17, the City of Dublin will host the 21st Annual Shamrock 5K Fun Run and Walk. The race begins at 8:30 a.m. along Dublin Boulevard near the Civic Center, and winds its way through town, finishing at the Festival with live music, awards, and giveaways for participants. Registration is required.