Group Picnic Areas
Both the California Department of Health and the Alameda County Health Department, allow for small gatherings within the following guidelines:
• No more than 50 persons (or the regular maximum occupancy of a particular picnic area, whichever is fewer) are permitted for any small public and private gatherings.
• All participants in small public and private gatherings must practice physical distancing.
• All participants must practice regular hand hygiene while participating in such gatherings to include regular hand washing and use of hand sanitizer.
• Hand sanitizer and face coverings must be provided by the Permit Holder.
• Any participant that has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus or that exhibits any viral symptoms or has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher must not attend the gathering.
• Participants must cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or fabric or, if not possible, sneeze into their sleeve or elbow (not hands).
• Permit Holders must wipe down facility using disinfecting wipes to sanitize high-contact areas before and after use.
• Drinking fountains are not available.
• Jumpers/Bounce Houses will not be permitted.
• If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 after an event, renter is responsible for contacting their attendees and the City of Dublin to allow for facility cleaning. Confidentiality will be maintained.
• Renter is responsible for keeping a list of all attendees and their contact information in case of a reported COVID case.
• Park Monitors will visit each reservation to ensure safety and compliance with the listed guidelines. If you need assistance with your rental onsite, you may call (925) 325-3891.
The City of Dublin has seven parks that contain picnic areas that are available for reservations: Alamo Creek Park, Emerald Glen Park, Fallon Sports Park, Heritage Park, Kolb Park, Schaefer Ranch Park, and Shannon Park.
Alamo Creek ParkAlamo Creek Park has one picnic area that is available for reservation. The picnic area seats 48 and has three BBQs. Reservations can be made by completing the Group Picnic Area Application or online. No inflatable jump houses or other equipment is allowed at the park.
Dublin Sports Grounds
Dublin Sports Grounds has one picnic area, the Imagine Playground Picnic Area, that is available for reservation. This picnic area seats 24, has one BBQ, and an overhang. Reservations can be made by completing the Group Picnic Area Application or online. No inflatable jump house or other equipment is allowed at the park.
Emerald Glen Park Emerald Glen Park has five picnic areas that are available for reservation (Picnic Areas Site Map). Reservations can be made by completing the Group Picnic Area Application or online if no inflatable jump houses or other equipment will be used.
Please Note: Requests to use inflatable jump houses must be rented through our vendor list at Emerald Glen Park. Any inflatables used must be approved in advance by submitting the application in-person for approval and are only allowed at Emerald Glen Picnic Areas A, B, and C.
Picnic Area Locations (Picnic Areas Site Map):
- Emerald Glen Area A seats 56 and has one BBQ and one sink.
- Emerald Glen Area B seats 48 and has one BBQ and one sink.
- Emerald Glen Area C seats 96 and has two BBQs and two sinks.
- Emerald Glen Areas A, B, C are adjacent areas and can be rented together for seating up to 200.
- Emerald Glen Area D seats 36 and has five BBQs.
- Emerald Glen Area E seats 24 and has five BBQs.