- Boards & Commissions
- Community Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Community Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Throughout 2020, issues of racial equity have been brought to the forefront of local and national discourse. The Dublin City Council strongly believes in equity, diversity, and inclusion, and that this is a matter that requires additional discussion by the community. In fact, the City Council recently changed its Mission and Values statements to reflect a new focus on these areas, and wishes to seek the community’s input on ways to improve or enhance its policies and practices. As a result of this discussion, on September 1, 2020, the City Council established a Community Task Force on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
The Community Task Force was charged with reviewing and developing recommendations on items within the City’s purview, specifically the following:
- Training Curriculum
- Policies and Procedures
- Data Transparency and Context
- Public Engagement and Community Relations
- Diversity, Racial Equity, and Inclusion
- Boards and Commission Recruitment
- Inclusive, Equitable, and Accessible Programming and Events
- Community Agency Funding and Support
The term of the Task Force began in December 2020 and expired on June 30, 2021, with recommendations being made to the City Council in August 2021.
The Task Force consisted of nine (9) voting members and three (3) alternates, all of which were appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Members of the Task Force included:
|Matthew Aini||Kathy Avanzino||Beatriz Ballesteros-Kogan|
|Clifford Brown Jr.||Isabella Helene David||Rameet Kohli|
|Martha Orozco||Eman Tai||Natasha Tripplett|
The Task Force was facilitated by Paul C. Hudson of Seed Collaborative, LLC.
On August 17, 2021 the Task Force presented its Final Report to the City Council. A copy of the final report can be found here.
Supporting documents utilized in the development of the Final Report can be found below:
Policing Ad Hoc Supporting Documents and Notes
- Policies and Procedures Ad Hoc Notes
- Staff Management and Accountability Ad Hoc Notes
- Mental Health and Training Ad Hoc Notes
- Examples of Mobile Crisis Teams
- Building a Comprehensive and Coordinated Crisis System
- Developing and Implementing Your Co-Responder Program
- How to Successfully Implement a Mobile Crisis Team
- Reducing Recidivism Through Treatment
Citywide DEI Supporting Documents and Notes
- Communications and Community Grants Ad Hoc Notes
- Events and Programming Ad Hoc Notes
- Boards and Commissions Ad Hoc Notes
Additional references and other information provided to the Task Force over the course of their work can be found at the menu link above.