Shannon Community Center
- ADA Accessible
- Catering Kitchen
- Outdoor Patios
- Public Art
About the Center
The Shannon Community Center has 19,700 square feet of space and provides a banquet hall for 300 people, a full catering kitchen, two preschool classrooms, flexible meeting rooms, and staff offices. Rental spaces and their capacities include:
- Ambrose Hall: 300 dining / 360 assembly
- Classroom: 20 dining / 40 assembly
- Multi-Purpose Room: 40 dining / 80 assembly
- Catering Kitchen: 693 sq. ft. full catering kitchen is always included in the rental of Ambrose Hall. However, it can be rented separately for cooking classes, cooking demonstrations, preparing meals for delivery, etc.
- Outdoor Courtyard: The beautiful outdoor courtyard, just outside of Ambrose Hall, is always included in the rental of Ambrose Hall. However, it can be rented separately for rehearsals, small social gatherings, and team-building events, and is a great space to have a meal together.
Design / Aesthetics
The traditional mission style design of the building incorporates a terra cotta-colored tile roof, cream-colored walls, sandstone-colored base, dark window mullions, and green stone accent tiles. The building interior has similar finishes and colors that mimic the terra cottas and creams in the wall colors, carpets, and tiles.
The landscape was designed to incorporate a demonstration garden on the lower terrace, which can also be used as a teaching tool for nature camps. The multi-function plaza and landscape off of the social hall also include a thematic re-creation of a "faerie ring" from Irish folklore. This element also functions as an opportunity for donor names for the Dublin Pride Steering Committee.
Ambrose Hall Detail
The Shannon Community Center is a premier rental facility in the region, The cornerstone of this beautiful venue is Ambrose Hall, a 5,940 square-foot events hall that can comfortably seat 300 for dining. The Hall measures approximately 85 feet X 64 feet and is ideal for weddings, parties, memorials, training, or any type of social event. Ambrose Hall has floor-to-ceiling windows the length of the room that looks out over a colonnade to the lush landscape and beauty of the creek. The natural wood trim, large wood cellar doors, and travertine wainscot provide Ambrose Hall with the elegance of a grand hotel or winery.
The Shannon Community Center rooms are available for rent. Click on the links below for more information.