To enter our libraries, members must follow our health and safety rules based on Alameda County’s COVID-19 Reopening Guidance, opens a new window.
- Members two years and older are required to wear a properly fitting face covering.
- Members inside and outside the libraries must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Members are expected to follow the posted signage and verbal directions of staff.
- Members will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Eating inside the library is not permitted at this time.
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
What we’re doing to protect the safety of members and staff
In addition to the visiting guidelines above, we’re also doing the following:
- Limiting occupancy inside the library
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces regularly
- Installing plexiglass at service desks
- Placing social distancing markers and signs throughout the library
- Providing hand sanitation stations throughout the library
- Letting returned items sit for at least 24 hours before being circulated
- Closing libraries midday for cleaning
What services are available in the library?
- Browse the collection
- Computer use for one-hour sessions
- Self-service scan, print, and fax
- Tech-It-Out laptops are still available but must be returned to staff for sanitizing after use
- Wi-Fi access
What services are available outside of the library and in the community?
- Mobile Library services in our neighborhoods, view our schedule with Mobile Library stops
- Holds Pickup at the door during library visiting hours
- Cloud Printing Pickup by appointment
- No Contact Holds Pickup by appointment
What services are available online and by phone?
- Live Chat with us for reference questions, research help, assistance with online resources, and more.
- Start with an eCard and request a library card by email, opens a new window.
- eBooks and eLibrary resources can be accessed on our website with your library card.
- Virtual Programs offer virtual activities to learn together and stay connected.
- Dial-in to the Listen Inn, toll-free1.833.990.BOOK (2665), anytime night or day to hear sounds, poems, and stories.
- Lawyers in the Library, opens a new window is a free information and referral program staffed by volunteer lawyers. In a one-on-one appointment by phone, lawyers can answer questions on most legal topics.
What services are not available at this time?
- In-Person Programs, but we are offering virtual programs
- AWE Early Literacy Station™ Computers
- Meeting Rooms
- Print Newspapers
- Book Donations
- Technology assistance with personal devices
- Extended research help
No Contact Holds Pick up Service
Dublin Library continues to provide "no contact" service, where patrons can pick up materials from the library by appointment. "No contact" service is available:
- Monday, Noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday through Thursday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The process works in five easy steps. Visit https://aclibrary.org/no-contact/ for more information.
Staff is available to answer phones, 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Monday; 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday; and Friday and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please call 925-803-7252 for assistance, request a Book Bundle, or to place items on hold.
For a limited time, anyone who lives in the state of California can get a free library card. Visit our website for more information: https://aclibrary.org/faqs/
Looking for Book Recommendations? Find Your Library’s "Matchmaker"
Did you know that the Alameda County Library system has "matchmakers" on staff who can make book recommendations for you based on your favorite genres? Just complete an online Book Match Questionnaire and you’ll soon get a list of books to your liking.
Visit: https://aclibrary.org/book-match/ for more information.
Friends of the Dublin Library
The Library has a thriving Friends organization offering financial and volunteer support. The Friends sponsor two book sales a year, publish a newsletter, sell promotional items, and promote the library during community events. The Friends always welcome new members. For more information, see their website at: https://aclibrary.org/friends-of-the-dublin-library/