Street Lighting Maintenance

Street lighting on publicly maintained streets is also the responsibility of the Public Works Department and is maintained, through a contract, by Alameda County. The City periodically performs outage surveys on major streets, but depends largely on residents to report outages in residential areas. Please contact the Public Works Department at 925-833-6630 or online through the City’s SeeClickFix. Please include the location and pole number (four or five digit number located on the side of the pole) of the street light when reporting the issue. Street lights will typically be repaired in three to five business days.

Report a Streetlight / Traffic Signal Malfunction

Find out how to report an issue with a streetlight.

For More Information

If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 925-833-6630.