Old St. Raymond Church
Old St. Raymond Church, currently located at the Dublin Heritage Park and Museum, was built in 1859 and dedicated in 1860. It is the oldest extant Catholic church in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The church was originally a mission church served by a priest who rode out from Oakland on horseback. The first wedding was performed in the pioneer church in 1865, and the original belfry was added to the building in 1880. The little church served the Dublin community for many years, then stood vacant for many more.
In 1966, the new St. Raymond Catholic Church opened on Shannon Avenue. The Oakland Diocese then gave the old church to Amador-Livermore Valley Historical Society (ALVHS) to be preserved and restored. The building had many uses during its years with ALVHS and in 1993 was sold to the City of Dublin.
Reviving the Past
Old St. Raymond Church has experienced many repairs and restorations over the years, beginning as early as 1922. The most recent renovation began after the City acquired ownership. The improvements included bringing the building up to structural code, adding handicap accessibility, and refinishing the original redwood flooring.
Renting the Church
The Old St. Raymond Church is available for community and private use. The intimate, historical setting is perfect for small weddings, funerals, memorials, baptisms, recitals, and lectures of 84 people or less. Rental of the church includes the beautiful new lattice covered courtyard. The courtyard can be rented separately from the church for intimate luncheons, or other gatherings.
Take a virtual tour of the church and find additional information by visiting https://dublin.ca.gov/306/Facility-Rentals