The City of Dublin's Military Banner Program, now in its fourth year, honors local veterans and active-duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Twelve local heroes are being honored this year. Banners will be on display along Dougherty Road through Veterans Day.
The banners, sponsored by community members, are located close to Camp Parks on Dougherty Road between Scarlett Drive and Amador Valley Boulevard. A "walking tour" map showing the location of each banner can be downloaded at www.dublin.ca.gov/militarybanners.
- Pablo G. Colon, U.S. Army (Active Duty)
- Joshua Harris, U.S. Marine Corps (Veteran)
- Jeffrey Hellman, U.S. Marine Corps (Veteran)
- Jack Hyundo Kim, U.S. Marine Corps (Retired)
- Martin A. Korte, U.S. Navy (Veteran)
- Connie Mack, U.S. Army (Veteran)
- John Mercado, U.S. Army (Veteran)
- Russell Parrington, U.S. Navy (Retired)
- William R. Shoemaker, U.S. Navy (Retired)
- Bronson L. Suyat, U.S. Coast Guard (Active Duty)
- Janine Thalblum, U.S. Army (Veteran)
- Ronald J. Wellendorf, U.S. Air Force (Veteran)