The State of California has reversed its health order regarding the use of outdoor playgrounds. While indoor playgrounds and recreation sites remain closed, outdoor playgrounds will be re-opened, but visitors must comply with certain requirements:
- Face masks worn over the mouth and nose are required for everyone two years of age or older, with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of six feet or when the capacity limit has been reached.
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least six feet apart.
- Families should consider visiting playgrounds on different times or days to avoid wait times and potentially crowded areas.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in playground area, in order to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground.
- Elderly persons or those with underlying medical conditions should avoid playgrounds when others are present.
- Limit visit to 30 minutes per day when others are present.