January 2023 Storm
The Bay Area's recent deluge may be just the tip of the iceberg, as more rain is expected to arrive on Wednesday and continue into next week. If you've already experienced flooding during a prior storm, you will likely experience flooding again. Water flow is expected to exceed channel capacity.
Sandbags can be picked up from the City of Dublin Corporation Yard, located at 5709 Scarlett Court. A self-serve, sandbag-filling station (with sand, a shovel, and bags) is also available if the pre-filled sandbags are gone. It is recommended that you bring your own shovel for faster service. Please limit the number of sandbags taken to 10 or fewer. Alameda County Public Works Agency also makes sandbags available at their Maintenance and Operations Corporation Yard at 4825 Gleason Drive. If you haven't needed sandbags during previous heavy rains, please also consider leaving sandbags for those who need them.
Residents are advised to stay off all trails due to potential mudslides and overflowing creeks. Currently, drivers along Dublin Boulevard between Silvergate Drive and Inspiration Drive will experience a lane shift due to a potential mudslide.
Please follow some safety tips to protect your family, home, and property:
* Stay off all trails due to potential mudslides and overflowing creeks.
* Stay home if you are able to do so. However, keep your car fueled or, if electric, powered. If electric power is cut off, gas stations may be inoperable.
* Keep your cell phone charged. Have a car charger on hand.
* Check your emergency supplies (first aid kit, essential medicines, cash, food, water, non-electric can opener, portable radio, flashlights, and spare batteries) and ensure they are in air-tight bags and in handy locations.
* Clear debris from storm drains. Keep a rake on hand to clear debris that may clog storm drains during rain storms.
* Secure or remove items that can blow around.
* Keep garbage cans and cars at least one foot from the curb to avoid blocking storm water flows.
Dublin Police will issue alerts when necessary during the storms. Text '94568' or 'Dublin' to 888777 to receive Nixle alerts. You can also register for AC Alerts.
For information on how to protect you and your property, visit our Storm Preparedness page.