Engineering review of private development includes the following activities:
- Review of subdivision or parcel maps and improvement plans for conformance with the Subdivision Map Act and all applicable codes and City standards
- Review of geotechnical and hydrologic studies and calculations
- Review of joint utility trench plans
- Review of traffic studies
- Preparation of conditions of approval
- Review of signal, lighting, and landscaping construction plans
- Review of field conditions and changes
- Lot line changes
- Construction inspections
- Survey monument checks
- Other activities as needed
The Public Works Department is responsible for ensuring that the public improvements constructed as part of a private development project meet all City standards
and conditions of approval prior to acceptance of the improvements.
For questions regarding private development review, submittal requirements, standard details and specifications, or traffic studies and information, please contact the Engineering Division of Public Works at (925) 833-6630.