Trails & Bikeways
Bikeways Master Plan Update
Bicyclists, pedestrians, joggers and other bicycle and pedestrian facility users received good news in October 2014 when the City updated the Bikeways Master Plan and adopted the City’s first Pedestrian Plan. The first Bikeways Master Plan was adopted in 2007. The newly adopted plan combines an update to the Dublin Bikeways Master Plan
and the City’s first Pedestrian Plan into a comprehensive document that provides policies, network plans, prioritized project lists, support programs and best practice design guidelines for bicycling and walking in Dublin.
Policies in the plan include the continued development of successful bicycle and pedestrian trail corridors, improved bicycle access to parks and open space areas, improved bicycle lanes and/or routes on several key cross-city corridors, bikeways on key freeway crossings, the development of education and enforcement programs and improvements to the City’s Bicycle Parking Ordinance.
Several noteworthy updates have been made to the Dublin Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, including:
• Updated bicycle network classifications featuring buffered streets and green pavement
• Grant ready concept drawings and fact sheets for three bicycle and pedestrian priority projects
• Existing walking conditions and proposed pedestrian improvements with a baseline inventory and recommended projects within Downtown Dublin
Bicycling in Dublin
- Bikes and BART: The BART Board of Directors has elected to allow bicycles on all BART trains at all times in all stations, with some restrictions. Visit the BART website to learn more.
- Alamo Canal Trail / I-580 Undercrossing: Read about this major Dublin trail improvement.
Bikeways and Pedestrian Projects Workshop
Residents are encouraged to attend the City’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Workshops hosted twice a year. Information about new bicycle and pedestrian projects will be shared and attendees will be available to provide feedback on current and future pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure
The next meeting will be held in June of 2015. An exact date will be announced soon.
Please fill out our Notify Me form
if you are interested in receiving emails about upcoming bike programs and events in Dublin. For further information about local bikeways or the Bikeway Master Plan, please contact Public Works at (925) 833-6630.