Trails & Bikeways
Bikeways Master Plan Update
Establishing a Path Toward Safety
Bicyclists, joggers, and other trail users received good news in July 2007 when the first Bikeways Master Plan for the City of Dublin was approved unanimously by the City Council
. The Bikeways Master Plan maps out the future for the City of Dublin regarding bikeways capital improvement projects, education, and enforcement of traffic safety for bicyclists. Its purpose is three-fold:
- To consider the needs of bicyclists in balance with other modes of travel
- To encourage bicycling as a healthful and enjoyable activity
- To increase access to parks, trails, and open space, as well as to jobs and community facilities
Bicycling in Dublin
- Bikes and BART: The BART Board of Directors has elected to allow bicycles on all BART trains at all times in all stations, with some restrictions. Visit the BART website to learn more.
- Alamo Canal Trail / I-580 Undercrossing Now Open: Read about this major Dublin trail improvement.
Learn more about Bicycling in Dublin
Please fill out our Notify Me form
if you are interested in receiving emails about upcoming bike programs and events in Dublin. For further information about local bikeways or the Bikeway Master Plan, please contact Public Works at (925) 833-6630.