2019 Military Banner Program
You can participate in the 2019 Military Banner Program by sponsoring a banner to honor a local service member or veteran. See the criteria below regarding eligibility of honorees. The fee to sponsor a banner is $230. This fee covers the cost to produce and display the banner.
The banners will be displayed along Dougherty Road between Memorial Day and Veterans Day (May – November 2019). At the end of the exhibition period, banners will be presented to the honoree (or applicant). Each custom banner will feature:
- photo of the honoree
- if they are active duty or a veteran
To qualify for the Military Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- Must complete the application form and submit required documents by the deadline of March 29, 2019.
- The honoree must be an active duty member or military veteran (Honorably Discharged) of the United States Armed Forces.
- The honoree must be:
- a current resident of Dublin, California, or
- have an immediate family member living in the City of Dublin (spouse, parent, sibling, child or grandchild), or
- be a former Dublin resident with a demonstrated longterm, positive impact on the Dublin community (subject to approval by the City of Dublin)
- Fill out the online application form AND submit the following information:
- verification of military status (see note below)
- proof of residency (copy of current utility bill, etc)
- an official military photo of the honoree (photo must be high resolution – scanned at 150 dpi at 100% and must be sent electronically; no hardcopy photos will be accepted)
- Payment of $230
To verify active military status, please visit the Department of Defense website and submit a copy of the verification page with your application. If a military veteran, please include a copy of the Veteran’s DD214. If you are unable to locate the DD214, you may apply for a copy by visiting the National Archives website.
Military Banners will be installed on Dougherty Road between Memorial Day and Veterans Day (May – November 2019). At the end of the exhibition period, banners will be returned to the sponsor or honoree.
If you have questions or need assistance with the application form, please contact Suzanne Iarla, Management Analyst II, at 925-833-6650 or via email.
Thank you to all the 2018 participants. For a list of 2018 honorees and to see photos of honorees or their family members receiving their banner at the November 20, 2018 City Council meeting, visit the 2018 webpage.